We do all of our chimney inspections using the latest high–tech CCTV camera equipment to diagnose your chimney problems.
Chimney inspections can be done quickly and efficiently so we can advise our clients with the best and most appropriate solution.
In order to locate issues, the colour CCTV cameras are passed up or down the flue to give a highly accurate picture of the problems, with a detailed meterage counter to show the camera’s position in the chimney flue.
Chimney Inspections Enable Us To:
• Identify the flues dimensions and confirm if flue lining is appropriate.
• Establish the cause of a major smoke leakage.
• View blocked flues or restricted flues caused by animal nests, fallen debris, restricted bends or other objects breaching the flue.
• Check for damage which may have occurred following chimney fires, subsidence, earthquakes, and hurricanes or wear and tear over time.
• Assess the condition of the flue before bringing an old flue back into use
CCTV Chimney surveys are also useful for:
• Annual service checks on the flues condition and functionality.
• Inspections for Landlords before renting out properties.
• Builders, roof restoration and loft conversion companies before carrying out works on the property and/ or of neighbouring properties.
• Investigations for Party Wall surveyors.
• Surveys for Buyers and Sellers of property (detailed Home Inspection Packs).
• Checks for poorly-functioning chimneys following major renovation by the property owner or neighbour.